Many people, at some point in life, will need orthodontic treatment. Crooked or crowded teeth are very common and can lead to a number of problems. You may have difficulty chewing or properly closing your mouth. Sometimes, crooked or crowded teeth can make oral hygiene difficult and even lead to periodontal disease. It’s not worth risking your gums and teeth and getting orthodontic care can greatly improve your smile.
Choosing Invisalign to Straighten Teeth
If you are self-conscious about using traditional metallic braces or just don’t want to have to deal with brackets and wires, consider Invisalign. It is a clear set of aligners made of plastic, which means most people won’t even notice them when you speak or smile. Advanced Orthodontics is only one of the places where you can be fitted for Invisalign. Over time, your teeth will straighten, and you will be fitted with a new set of aligners.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign also offers a number of benefits that traditional braces do not. They include the following:
• Better Appearance: Invisalign looks better than traditional braces. The aligners are clear and barely noticeable, whereas braces are made of metal and brackets that definitely stand out visually. Even worse, food can get stuck in braces and you might not even be aware of it. With Invisalign, you can avoid this embarrassment and simply show off your teeth.
• More Comfortable: Traditional braces can cause discomfort and even pain while they stay in place to realign your teeth over time. Invisalign, on the other hand, can be removed and feel better in your mouth.
• Safer: Traditional metallic braces can lead to mouth sores and cuts because of all the wire they contain. Invisalign is smooth and consist of no sharp edges, so you don’t have to worry about any nicks or cuts occurring in your mouth. Regular braces can also potentially cause damage to the teeth by affecting demineralization because of the force needed to straighten the teeth. This is not an issue with Invisalign and you can avoid the issue of cavities and gum disease when using the aligners.
• Length of Treatment: Overall, the amount of time needed to straighten your teeth is vastly different when comparing traditional braces and Invisalign aligners. While metal braces can take as long as five years to completely straighten your teeth, treatment with Invisalign can last as little as a year to a year and a half.
• Convenience: Traditional metallic braces are not the most convenient option for straightening your teeth. Invisalign, however, is highly convenient because you can easily remove them for taking care of your oral hygiene routine and to eat and drink. As a result, you can eliminate all the food particles while brushing your teeth and flossing and can eat whatever you want during the course of your treatment. Braces are not removable, which means you can’t fully practice the best oral hygiene and you have to avoid eating certain foods.
In the long run, Invisalign costs a bit more than traditional braces. However, it may be well worth it in the long run because of these benefits. You can also enjoy a more beautiful smile in a shorter time.