Ophthalmology is a healthcare branch specializing in eye problems, their diagnostics, and treatment. To equip an ophthalmological clinic or office, specialized equipment and medical instruments are necessary. Without them, it is difficult to conduct specific medical practice.
First of all, every ophthalmologist should have a set of equipment used to initially examine and service patients. It includes:
- tonometer (to take eye pressure);
- ophthalmoscope (used to examine the eye internal structure);
- chart panel (the market offers screen and projection models);
- autorefractor keratometer (diagnoses visual acuity, as well as its differences);
- slit lamp (utilized to examine the inner part of the eye);
- set of contact lenses.
A doctor cannot do without the equipment meant for making glasses and a desktop where all the instruments could be placed. Other necessary items in the ophthalmologic office are the patient’s chair and the specialist’s work chair.
To equip an ophthalmology clinic, it is necessary to use equipment of different modifications and meant for different purposes:
- optical biometers;
- chart panels;
- intraocular pressure indicators;
- slit lamps;
- binocular loupes;
- diagnostic centers;
- corneal topography devices;
- SOCT (spectral optical coherence tomographs);
- endothelial microscopes;
- ophthalmic perimeters;
- ultrasonic ophthalmology equipment;
- EP systems.
- excimer and femtosecond lasers;
- ophthalmic lasers;
- binocular loupes;
Modern ophthalmic equipment
The concept of progressive ophthalmic equipment means compact machines combining several functions. A particular attention should be paid to laser devices. Such devices do not take up much space and can perform several important tasks at once.
It is also worth buying an ophthalmologic workstation, which consists of:
- illumination lamp (supplemented with a dimmer control);
- instrument table and rack;
- motorized or pneumatic patient’s chair.
When choosing modern devices, we recommend focusing exclusively on functional models with technical guides, documents, and warranty servicing. Ophthalmic equipment from BiMedis features all these necessities. Even though the catalog includes used models, they are not inferior to their new counterparts in productivity.